Re: trading toploads. (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 18:21:57 -0700
From: Barton B. Anderson <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: trading toploads. (fwd)

Hi Scott,

The 12x30 galv. elbows will be very near a 12x30 toroid. With the 7x24
under it, it's about 38.8pF combined. You can achieve near the same C
with an 8x33 toroid (again with 7x24 below it). There isn't enough
difference in outward size to cause a large shift with topload to coil,
so the frequency will be very near and would only require minor tuning.
I think this is what your after. Anything relatively close 8x30 to 8x34
should be fine.

Take care,
Bart