RE: Ballast Question (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 15:38:20 +0000
From: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>
To: 'Tesla list' <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Ballast Question (fwd)

The short answer is no - electrically there would be no change.  But in
heating it you'd be destroying the insulation, so you couldn't close-wind
it, and it will look like heck.  Sounds good for winding a ballast, except
for the loss if insulation problem, which is a deal-breaker.  I doubt you
can do anything to replace the lost insulation.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA