Re: Double Throw Spark Gap (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 14:10:34 -0700
From: Barton B. Anderson <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Double Throw Spark Gap (fwd)

Hi Steve,

I realized something that should give a performance increase. The
charging stationary electrodes. If those have a large area, it will
really help the charging time (and time is energy). I don't remember
what size you used for your stationary electrodes, but I see that a 1.5"
width would greatly increase the charging time for full voltage
discharge. It would allow twice the power at the cap! I don't know if
this is mechanically feasible for your setup, but something to consider.

Take care,
Bart