Re: Double Throw Spark Gap (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 14:46:35 EDT
From: FutureT@xxxxxxx
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Double Throw Spark Gap (fwd)

In a message dated 10/14/2007 1:41:19 P.M. US Eastern Standard Time,
tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Bart,

I didn't mention it, but I also used series static gaps in series with  the
two types
of rotaries, to help the quench.

John

I  mentioned in this thread somewhere how different the main gap is from
a  normal RSG. Normally, we set electrodes close and let timing control
the  bangs. Here, that may not be the best thing to do as it might start
conduction earlier than wanted. However, the static gap on the front end
will not only help the quench but will also allow a narrow gap width on
the main gap (ensuring timing between charge and main gap firing is
separated as desired) and allow voltage control in the main gap. This
gap will be controlled by both timing and voltage.

Take  care,
Bart