Re: Tesla myths corrected - Best text? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 20:08:54 +0800
From: Peter Terren <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Tesla myths corrected - Best text? (fwd)

I understand how an earth can have a low resistance since the effective
volume of current flow goes up with the cube of distance.  That is my return
line in my example. The 1 ohm that you quoted may be quite reasonable.
Sure, you could (extremely hypothetically) shoot 1MV into the plasma
ionosphere as well and get a similar "earth-in-the-sky" effect.  What you
won't do is impedance match that to 200 low voltage 50W light globes from
some trivially small antenna and expect to extract 10kW.  (I noted my
mistake in saying this was 1kW)

Peter
http://tesladownunder.com