Re: Tesla myths corrected - Best text? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 16:46:54 -0700
From: Ed Phillips <evp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Tesla myths corrected - Best text? (fwd)

Not 1 megavolt, rather 12 to 15 megavolts or 100 megavolts for the
earth-resonance based system.

. . . into the plasma ionosphere . . .

Not the ionosphere, rather the rarified region of Earth's atmosphere
starting at an elevation of about 8 kilometers (5 miles)."

Gary:

	As a proof of your thesis that the system Tesla described in the reference you give later in your note ould you care to calculate the capacitance to ground of that imaginary "rarified region of Earth's atmosphere  starting at an elevation of about 8 kilometers (5 miles)", calculate the current that would flow in it when the voltage between it and ground was 15 megavolts, calculate the total allowable circuit resistance to keep the power losses as low as Tesla claims, and then present a simple design of the transmitter resonators {diameter, length, wire size, Q, insulation to withstand the high voltage, etc.).  I think we would all find that interesting and want to compare it with the apparatus Tesla tested at Colorado Springs.  I'd also like to compare it to my own calculations of the same parameters in order to see where I went wrong by so many orders of magnitude.  I'd be happy to send you off line a copy of my Excel spread sheet.

Thanks,

Ed