Re: Tesla myths corrected - Best text? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 08:26:44 -0600
From: Gary Peterson <g.peterson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Tesla myths corrected - Best text? (fwd)

>> "It is expected that when the fully developed system is in place it will
>> be possible to extract exactly the amount of energy that is available
>> from the generators minus the global transmission line losses, which
>> should amount to about 75 kilowatts."

> Is this your figure or Tesla's?

The 75 kW is derived from Tesla's statement,

    "I have, in fact, worked out a plant of 10,000 horse-power which would
operate with no bigger loss than 1 percent of the whole power applied; that
is, with the exception of the frictional energy that is consumed in the
rotation of the engines and the heating of the conductors, I would not lose
more than 1 percent.  In other words, if I have a 10,000 horsepower plant,
it would take only 100 horsepower to keep the earth vibrating so long as
there is no energy taken out at any other place." -- Nikola Tesla, 1916

> I think [amount of power required to resonate the earth, i.e., the global
> transmission line loss] is nearer 80 - 85kW myself.

Thanks, I can live with that.

Best regards,
Gary

Gary Peterson