Re: My 4 inch Tesla Coil (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 13:16:01 +0000
From: David Rieben <drieben@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: drieben@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: My 4 inch Tesla Coil  (fwd)

Hi Amir,

Congratulations! 18 to 20" is just about up to par for a
spark gap driven coil at your power level. I believe you
have pretty well optimized your coil's performance for your
available power. You are correct in your assumption that
even longer sparks are pretty much going to require an
upgrade in the power. A larger toroid requires more power
to force breakout.You can "crunch the numbers" with Bart
Anderson's free online Java Tesla coil designer program.

There are a good number of California coilers on this list
(including Bart Anderson) so I'll leave the CA. Teslathon
question to them.

David Rieben