Re: Ballast Resistance For Pig Coils (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 09:13:24 -0700
From: Barton B. Anderson <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Ballast Resistance For Pig Coils (fwd)

By my calcs 4.25A. I wonder if it's a typo and should be 15mH?

The actuator arc is concerning to me. Is the actuator floating with only
hot and neutral at the actuator? I'm not sure where the arc originated,
but I have to wonder if the actuator case is tied to neutral. That might
be the reason for the potential difference to cause an arc.

Bart