Re: Why ARE the sparks blue / purple (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 16:51:48 -0500
From: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Why ARE the sparks blue / purple (fwd)

Tesla list wrote:
> [...]

The bluish and purple color of lower current corona and air discharges
actually comes mainly from vibrationally excited neutral or ionized
nitrogen molecules. The bright blue-white color of higher current
(connected) sparks is predominantly from black body (thermal) radiation
from hot gases in the spark channel.

Bert
--
We specialize in UNIQUE items! Coins shrunk by huge
magnetic fields, Lichtenberg Figures (our "Captured