Re: mysterious coil failure (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 15:59:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: G Hunter <dogbrain_39560@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: mysterious coil failure (fwd)

Look for carbon tracking *inside* the secondary
former.  It may be a very obvious black streak of
charcoal heralded by the harsh scent of burned PVC as
soon as you open the former.  It may be very subtle--a
mere spider web of discoloration requiring careful
snooping with a flashlight to find it.
Regardless--once the top of the secondary finds a path
to the bottom turns via charred plastic, you might as
well toss the whole secondary and start over.  I hope
I'm wrong!

Greg