Re: FUN Electronic Kits, EICO, Heathkit, Allied, etc. (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 12:30:21 -0700
From: Clive Hansen <mrclivehansen@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: FUN Electronic Kits, EICO, Heathkit, Allied, etc. (fwd)

I think that it is partially due to lawsuits. When I was younger I had a
book called the boy electrician. It instructed the reader to build their own
high voltage transformers and x-ray generating devices. Because most people
lack the proper training, they may not realize that 600v house wire won't
protect them from the 12kv 3a they are pulling from their home made
transformer. There's just too much danger involved for the average person.