Re: Mutability of History. Re: kVA Effects on Broadway! (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 01:25:19 -0400
From: mercurus2000 <mercurus2000@xxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Mutability of History.  Re: kVA Effects on Broadway! (fwd)

>> Guglielmo Marconi gets lions share of credit for radio
>>
>      He made it work, sold it, got it Really Going.
>      While Tesla was annoying J P Morgan enough that the money
>      got cut off.

I have to disagree with one part of the statement, Marconi was backed by
a very wealthy but fairly technologically ignorant family, the
experiment that first got him noticed was basically just a hertz setup,
it didn't even have any real tuned circuits unlike tesla's apparatus,
and by the time Marconi's devices really  got him the money he was
already infringing on Telsa's patents, granted he did help the
technology along and I'm sure he did contribute a few discoveries of his
own, but he was mostly a opportunist using someone else's ideas and
backed by very wealthy friends and family. Marconi WAS given alot more
credit than he deserved and Tesla was not nearly given enough.
Adam