Secondary internal arcing (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 22:47:22 -0400
From: Rich Winders <rwinders_3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Secondary internal arcing

Okay quick question.

I was having arcing inside my secondary. it is a white pvc pipe 4In di and wound
with 27 awg wire 16 inchs tall . From the what I could tell from the arc marks
they began (punctured) at the bottom or lv end of the secondary and traveled to
some where up my coil. i tried many differnt things to decrease this arcing.. ..
Increase coupling, varnish on the inside, and even stuffing the coil with bubble
wrap and sytrofoam nothing really seemed to work.. so i bought 4 lbs of wax and
melted it on my stove and poured the wax into the form of my secondary and let it
harden.. after running my coil i dont see any signs of arcing, melted wax or arc
marks.. or any kind of ozone or burnt smell. i was wondering was i right to go
with wax or should i have maybe filled with with a transformer oil?

Rich w

Windows Live Hotmail. Even hotter than before Get a better look now.