Re: Secondary internal arcing (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 10:58:50 -0700
From: huil888 <huil888@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Secondary internal arcing (fwd)

David -

No, the function of a sealed baffle is slightly different from a creepage
disk.

A properly sealed baffle is a solid wall of insulating material separating
two areas at different voltage potentials.

A creepage disk is a piece of material placed between two areas at different
potential that increases the effective distance across which surface arcing
or tracking must take place. Therefore, when creepage disks are installed it
increases the voltage at which surface tracking begins to take place.

Regards,
Scott Hanson