Re: 4000 watt Audio Amp to drive Tesla coil, smoothing capacitor (fwd)

Please do respond off list.

Chip

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 16:08:52 -0400
From: Scott Bogard <teslas-intern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: 4000 watt Audio Amp to drive Tesla coil, smoothing capacitor

Hey guys,
     This is teetering on off-topic (so please respond off-list), but could
you not use a re-chargeable battery in place of a smoothing capacitor for a
DC power supply?  Not just for this application (amp supply) but anywhere
where you need smoothed DC from AC?.  When I think about it, my car doesn't
have a smoothing capacitor across my alternator, just the battery, but some
big stereo systems have a large cap (like 5-f). Just curious.
Scott Bogard.

Can you find the hidden words?  Take a break and play Seekadoo!
http://club.live.com/seekadoo.aspx?icid=seek_hotmailtextlink1