Re: Texas Tesla coils (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 10:56:39 -0500
From: Daniel Hess <dhess1@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Texas Tesla coils (fwd)

Hey Mike;

I checked with our Fair Park in Dallas (Cotton Bowl, State Fair of Texas)
Museum of natural science and History. They 'used' to have a feature
called Electric Theater which featured a 6 foot Tesla coil. This coil used
no topload and the upper half of the secondary was tapered and was
completely covered in a black skin or covering of some sort. It looked
more like a rocket ship than a Tesla coil. It was the first, live Tesla
coil I'd ever seen and produced, what I thought at the time was,
impressive 8-10 foot sparks. (This was in the late 80's.) The person who
built the coil also produced the show and although I met him after the
show, I cannot for the life of me recall his name.

Unfortunately, I just checked their web site and can find no mention
either Electric Theater nor Tesla coils.

There is also the FWTCB who's members usually monitor this list so they
may have some additional information.

Happy trails...

Daniel Hess

"Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>