Re: Links for Tesladownunder on Discovery Channel (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 20:02:14 +0800
From: Peter Terren <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Links for Tesladownunder on Discovery Channel

Here are the international links for the two segements done by the Discovery Channel on my stuff some months ago and shown on Sept 4 and 11 in Canada. The segments are in 700kbs video so needs a reasonable broadband link otherwise it ends up as a series of still clips.

Segment 1 is 5:14 mins and shows the vortex generator, electric shocks, can crushing and sparks in the pool. The technical explanation got a bit messed up in parts. I am NOT applying my big capacitor bank to my head
mms://a180.v31560.c31560.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/180/31560/44ce8bb3/ctvakamai.insinc.com/akamai/ctv/discovery/DPLA/DISC-DPLA-070905-EP.aussyelectric-video.wmv

Segment 2 is 3:45 and shows the TC on the car and the 18 inch coil. They tried to show the sparks around the car using CGI to approximate the effect of a long photographic exposure but it doesn't really capture the effect well. That was always going to be difficult. The 18 inch coil died at the end. What happened was that a big 3 phase switch I was using was also (unknown to me) a circuit breaker of ?20A. This was one of my early runs but I got 8 foot sparks (not shown on the video and I have since got 11 foot sparks from it).

mms://a180.v31560.c31560.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/180/31560/44ce8bb3/ctvakamai.insinc.com/akamai/ctv/discovery/DPLA/DISC-DPLA-070911-EP.austraillianelectric2-video.wmv

If those links dont work, try my site http://tesladownunder.com and go down to the videos near the bottom of the index page.

Overall the production was very professional and I think they did a great job getting most of the best bits without the ..ummms.. and ..ahhs.. etc. Three hours of video condensed in to 9 mins. I would have liked to see some of the vortex shots in the school gymnasium, but these didn't fit the sequencing. Thanks to Paul Sandland from Canada who arranged the links whom I have emailed. Paul is a frequent visitor to the Tesla list.

Enjoy
Peter