RE: Removing MOT laminations (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 21:11:03 -0600
From: S&JY <youngs@xxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Tesla list' <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Removing MOT laminations (fwd)

All you need is a vice and a hacksaw.  Clamp your transformer core in a vice
with the weld (between the I and E sections) on top.  Just saw through the
weld in line with the joint of the I and E sections.  Usually, the weld is
soft and it only takes a couple minutes of sawing.  Repeat for the other
side.  Then a couple of hammer taps on a cold chisel or screwdriver in the
sawed out weld will easily separate the two sections.

--Steve Y.