Re: Winding Lathe Construction (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 16:26:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Winding Lathe Construction (fwd)

My wife could turn the pipe faster than I would ever
want and stop on a dime. No need for a drill for
winding. Though I didn't time it, I believe we wound
the 3,526 feet of AWG 18 in less than an hour, not
including several breaks for photos and to give my
fingers a rest. The drill ran continuously for 12 to
18 hours while coating and curing each coat of
polyurethane. It never complained, though I wouldn't
use my good drill for that kind of abuse. I ran it
fast enough for the internal fan to cool it, while the
pulley reduction kept the pipe speed reasonable for
the purpose.

Adam

http://www.hot-streamer.com/adam/bigass_coil/coil01.jpg

http://www.hot-streamer.com/adam/bigass_coil/coil02.jpg