super static gap / Jim Zimmerschied (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 00:15:22 -0700
From: Warren R <wr3sd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: super static gap / Jim Zimmerschied

Hello all;

While browsing for info re spark gaps on pupman.com, I came across a reference
to a spark gap developed by Bob Svangren; as mentioned by Jim Zimmerschied.
(resent message ID = Rz7tiD.A.qZH.9pbtCB@poodle )

I would very much like to hear from either of them re construction details ...
it consisted of stacked brass plates w/ brass washers soldered to plate
centers.

Being in process of gathering parts & materials for a small (15.5 x 3.5 sec)
TC, putting together a SRSG looks a bit daunting. The "super static gap", OTOH,
looks to be a very good concept on as small a coil as I'm assembling.

Thanks all for any further info :)

Cordially,

Warren Rath