RE: 2 stage TC possible? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 09:58:16 -0400
From: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: 2 stage TC possible? (fwd)

Well I'll be dipped...  I was initially going to reply that attempting
to drive a 2nd-stage tank circuit from a 1st-stage secondary can't
possibly work, but it appears that's just what Marconi did.  Can anyone
explain to me the rough parameters are of this scheme?  First stage
frequency?  Second stage tank capacitance and frequency?  A second-stage
bang voltage of 150kV was suggested; that's got to have problems!  Does
the 2nd stage gap fire at the same rate as the 1st, or does the second
stage bang many times for each first stage bang?  Sure doesn't seem
efficient, what was the goal that a single stage failed to achieve?

Thanks, Gary Lau
MA, USA

> From: Marko Ruban <Marko@xxxxxxxx>
> To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>