Re: Winding Lathe Construction (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 08:45:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: C. Sibley <a37chevy@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Winding Lathe Construction (fwd)

With the immediate feedback winding by hand gives, you can get into a rhythm and really get moving.

I expect I can approach a turn per second when I'm really rolling.  So a 1200 turn coil would only take 20 minutes.  If course I stop for breaks, occasionally have to make a correction etc.  You can't keep at full speed all the time, hence the 45 minute total...

I really think doing smaller coils by hand is the easiest way.  Anything larger than 6" starts to get unmanageable (in my opinion).  Having two people, one to crank and one to lay the wire works pretty good too...

Curt.