Re: spark plugs for gap??? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 12:34:46 +0000
From: David Rieben <drieben@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: drieben@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: spark plugs for gap??? (fwd)

Bryan,

O yes, this is certainly not a new idea. The main issue
with spark plugs though, is that the spark gap contacts
are very small in mass and surface area and this would
cetainly lead to serious quinching problems for all but
the tiniest of Tesla systems. However I do seem to re-
call seeing plans for a multi-seriesed spark plug gap as-
sembly in one of the old TCBA newsletters. I think
they were using some relatively large spark plugs de-
signed for tractors or something like that. I now have
the complete TCBA set thanks to Cameron Prince,
but I'm a little too lazy to dig up at this time ;^)

David Rieben