Re: bang power ? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 11:50:11 EDT
From: FIFTYGUY@xxxxxxx
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: bang power ? (fwd)

In a message dated 9/27/07 7:01:48 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  Bert  Hickman
<bert.hickman@xxxxxxxxxx>
writes:

>But, if you reduce the primary inductance (say, by changing the tap

>point) this also alters the P-S coupling unless you ALSO change the

>primary-secondary geometric relationship. And, as we discussed  earlier,

>changing the coupling alters the "ring-up" time (the time to  complete a

>single P->S or S->P energy  transfer).

    In Dr. Mark Rzeszotarski's Tesla Coil Frequently  Asked Questions
("Chapter 7: The Primary Coil", Father Tom McGahee's Q&A  section, pg 37) :

    "Since k=M/sqrt(Lp/Ls) ... What is not so obvious  is the fact that M is
proportional to Np times Ns for most coil geometries we  use in a tesla [sic]
coil (solenoid, flat pancake, inverted cone, for five or  more turns in the
primary). As a result, by keeping the same geometry and only  varying the number
of turns, K remains constant since as Lp and Ls vary, so  too does M."

    Didn't Dr.Rzeszotarski develop the "MandK"  program?

-Phil LaBudde

Center for the Advanced Study of Ballistic  Improbabilities