Re: Aluminium Wire (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 04:40:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Aluminium Wire  (fwd)

I'm not particularly interested in the results, as I
use all copper in my coils. However...

I'm not sure what type of experiment you're gonna try,
but if you want to share the results and have it be
meaningful to the list, it may be worth bouncing your
proposed experiment - with excruciating details -off
the list before you start winding. That way you may
avoid having your results debated endlessly. For
instance, are you going to wind two identical
secondaries, with identical wire diameter, insulation
thickness, and number of turns? The more info you
share such as this, the more useful the results will
be. What alloys of aluminum and copper will you use,
what test instruments do you have, how are you
measuring output, etc.

You'll find some experiments cited on this list that
are well thought out, and well documented, while
others are little more than science fiction: "I
cobbled together a bunch of crap and it didn't behave
like I reckoned it should have, therefore the laws of
physics must be wrong".

Adam

http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/3658