Re: Aluminium aka Aluminum Wire (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 14:43:11 -0700
From: Barton B. Anderson <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Aluminium aka Aluminum Wire (fwd)

Hi Ed, Gary,

Funny Gary that you joked about Aluminum in the UK as opposed to the US.
You might be surprised to find the vast numbers of aluminum alloys out
there on the market, and their conductivity (the inverse of resistivity)
vary's greatly! Today I was adding the ability of Javatc to include
copper or aluminum wire by simply changing the resistivity value (simply
a check box in Javatc for Aluminum or Copper). As magnet wire is
annealed copper, it's resistivity is well known. So, I started looking
for aluminum magnet wire to insert a correct resistivity value and
stumbled across an interesting table of data.

Thought I'd share since were on the subject:
http://www.edy-current.com/condres.htm

The conductivity for various aluminum allows is amazing!

Take care,
Bart