Re: [TCML] new spark gap

Hey Thomas,

its simple ( good), easy to build ( even better), adjustable ( very nice), but there is one thing to consider, the base material the copper tubes/mounts are mounted to should be able to hold off the voltage potential created by the system. You may want to consider something in the way of polyethylene, polypro, or one of the GXX materials ( G-10 comes to mind). Also, you may need to consider that you may have to elevate the complete mount to keep the mounting screws holding the angles from arcing out to anything metallic below it.

remember.... at HIGH voltage there is no insulator except for a pure vaccum at 30 miles... :) and even that is doubtful...

Scot D

Thomas Ryckmans wrote:

Hello,

I'd like to have your thoughts on my new spark gap (image 6)

http://www.pupman.com/current/tryckmans/index.html

for a small coil running on a 6kV 50 mA NST

Many thanks!

Thomas

Or here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/Thomas.Ryckmans/TeslaStuff/photo#518513727854380