From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of bartb
Sent: Sunday, April 06, 2008 11:03 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] Terry filter - does one need the current limiting
resistorswith a current limited NST?

Huh? In what way did DC mention using chokes?

I think all DC said is that the resistors would spoil Q as their main
function. Granted, I don't agree with that, but he's not suggesting
using chokes. I think this is just a misunderstanding of the resistor
function. The "designed" function of these resistors is to dump
transients that would otherwise find their way back to the NST hv
windings, and in a damaging way. Some Q affects if the cap were resonant
or maybe ferro-resonance might be affected (not sure about that), but
this is not the main function of the resistors.

Bart