Re: [TCML] Terry filter - does one need the current limiting resistors with a current limited NST?

It does spoil the Q factor of the circuit loop between the xmfr and
sparkgap.  Should this be low impedance the Q factor may multiply the xmfrs
potential in this loop.  Most any R-C filter with the resistance will lower
a Q or quality factor.

Any additional resistance in any circuit always reduces the Q factor, hence
the name "Q spoiler".  You are right --- it does not spoil the Q factor of
the tank (LC) circuit which we wish to maintain as high as possible.

Dr. Resonance