Re: [TCML] Dumb Vista Question

Hi Aaron,

Thanks. Using 9.1 is a thought. I was installing the old 8.0 version and Vista just didn't like it. I am the administrator. I tried installing months ago, so it's been a little while. Lots of other programs I would like to run I can't. Some dos programs that require full screen simply won't run without installing XP video drivers (should they exist for your hardware). I even tried DOSBOX which did help a little, but then I ran into some path frustrations and gave up. Too much work. Vista has ran just fine other than what programs could and could not be installed (this to me is the biggest shortfall). Programs like Mediaplayer, Quicktime, etc.. all seem to do very well.

Take care,
Bart

J. Aaron Holmes wrote:
Hey, Bart:

I haven't had any trouble with the 9.1 student version
on Vista, and recently with Service Pack 1.  What
version are you running and what problems are you
having?  Are you explicitly running elevated (as an
administrator) or not?  If not, you might give that a
shot (right-click icon, choose "Run as
administrator").  Many older programs do "bad" things
that Vista won't let them get away with by default. As I seem to have accumulated an inordinate number of
such programs, I have the elevation prompting disabled
and elevation set to "automatic" (see secpol.msc) on
my machine, which tends to sweep many of these kinds
of issues under the carpet.  And Microsim 9.1
definitely qualifies as "old".

Cheers,
Aaron, N7OE

--- bartb <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Here's dumb Vista question.

Has anyone been able to get Microsim to work on
Vista?
I think I need to "upgrade" to XP.

Bart