Re: [TCML] IGBT 1200V, 54A

Terry -

  As far as use in a SISG tank circuit, what IGBT parameter do you feel is the limiting factor: voltage, or pulse current?

  Aside from damage from a primary strike, has anyone reported IBGT failure during "normal" operation?

  Regards,
  Scott Hanson

piranha <piranha@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Possibly, but after Phil's testing the extra thermal mass may not be
needed. The OLD IGBT was the largest available because we did not know
any better. A much smaller IGBT may do perfectly fine.

"Welcome back, Terry.
Cheers, Finn hammer"

I still lurk here and make comments when time permits ;-)

Terry