Re: [TCML] Clarification on Windings Repair - Should This Work? Is There a Better Way?

> To those who replied with their suggestions, and to those
> who haven't quite replied yet...
>
> Here's a little more info:  I can't remove any windings
> and I can't remove more of the insulating material.  This
> is an  induction/spark coil in a nice wooden case.  I need
> to work within the constraints described.  Any more ideas?
>
> Thanks again for your creative thoughts.
>
> Tedd

One thing ive done sucessfully with wire this size is to
just twist the ends together or tie a
knot to join it. Once you fire it up it'll usually burn
through the insulation and fuse/melt the
wire together. Whats the rated output of this induction
coil? input amperage? input voltage?
one other thing, is it potted, and what's the core made of?
( just curious )

ben