Re: [TCML] New 833C VTTC - poor performance

Kris,

If your filament voltage is correct while lighting the filament,
then the current will automatically be correct.?? Be sure
to measure the filament voltage while the filament is connected
to teh filament transformer and the filament is lit.? The rewound
filament transformer should have no problem at all powering
the filament if you have sufficient turns on the filament transformer
secondary.?

Cheers,
John

This may be the problem. I am having nothing but problems with this "homebrew"
filament transformer. I am without a means to test the current at the moment. I
would assume it is at at least 10A. It is a 1200V MOT with the secondary and
shunts removed. New secondary wound with 12 gauge for 10 volts out. It must be
eating up some power, judging by its temperature after about 10 minutes, but
could it be enough to bring the current down below 10A?