From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Jim Mora
Sent: Sunday, August 03, 2008 6:52 PM
To: 'Tesla Coil Mailing List'
Subject: RE: [TCML] Interesting Coil Wrap

Hi Jeff,

Was this a misprint? I thought a bipolar (1/2 wave) coil is usually wound in
the same direction to 2x the usual 3.5-5:1 ratio. A space may be provided at
the mid point to control the coupling. The advantage of this configuration,
if I am not mistaken, is that no RF ground is needed at the midpoint. Please
correct me if I am off on this as I want to build one of these. And I have
read several conflicting responses over the last couple of months.

Thanks,
Jim Mora