Re: [TCML] Giant 13M Eye Candy

Jeff,

Looked at your gear for the Bejing Coil....Nice!

Could you use a pallet of fiberglas tubes for a large tesla coil secondary
spool form? They are part of the blast mechanisms for old 500kv SFA
breakers and are approx. 3" by 10' long ...smooth coat and tough as nails.
All you would need to do is make the spool ends for a "open frame"
secondary. I do not plan to use them for anything (unless I was competing
with the big guns....not likely) but figured they might be more up your
alley.

Regards,
Woo

Coils for the Beijing Olympics. I am creating folders on Flickr to catalog
the stills and I'll be making a YouTube movie of the construction phase
while the container ship sails to China. I'll make the latter available on
a DVD after the coils run in China. Here is the first set:

> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/24863621@N07/sets/72157604175654880
> >
> > You may notice some new faces. Jim Shaffer did most of our spark gap
machining. Justin Hayes and Aron Koscho provided electrical engineering
help and Rodger Driverr set up our motor controllers. Also seen are Jeff
Parisse, Nick Ritter, Sam Barros, Bill Wysock, Brian Basura Chris Wheeler,
Ben Ragins and Gary Peterson.