Sent: Friday, August 08, 2008 11:23 AM
Subject: Re: [TCML] new power transformers for Tesla coils

You can view them in operation at our Teslathon.  I should finalize the
pricing by that time.

Weight is approx 140 lbs.

Dr. Resonance

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 3:43 PM, Bob Arenella <rja12@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Dr. R

                    Sounds like a nice xfmr. Approximate  size / weight &
cost?

Thanks,
bob

----- Original Message ----- From: "DC Cox" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2008 9:42 PM
Subject: [TCML] new power transformers for Tesla coils

We are putting the finishing touches on some rather powerful transformers
designed just for medium size Tesla coil applications.

The have a dual 120/240 vac primary, 16 kV AC (Erms) secondary, and are
current limited (with shunts) at 350 mA.   5.6 kVA and current limited.

They are hard epoxy potted and do not require oil immersion.

Final testing in late August. I expect to have a pair of them on display
at
our forthcoming Teslathon.  Probably one hooked up to a climbing arc.

Dr. Resonance