Re: [TCML] Olympic coil progress?

Yes.

The picture referred to as being from Resonance Research in this article:

http://www.wiscnews.com/bnr/news/299875

Is from this site:

http://www.rossoverstreet.org/tesla/TCBFW/TCBFW.htm#warthog

Specifically:

http://www.rossoverstreet.org/tesla/TCBFW/visits/hog3.jpg

This article almost seems to suggest there is another Tesla coil out there from Resonance Research:

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=781375

"It took about a year to make the $1.3 million device, which was shipped to China by boat two months ago, Cox said. He said he has two staffers at the Games, providing technical assistance. Another contractor has 20 employees there to help with the set-up."

If course the BS here is very deep and I am sure we will get it all figured out real soon now :D :D

Very Very sad to hear of Jeff's problems with my dear old pals in Shenzhen and the collapse of his project. We shipped $10s of millions of equipment in there so we got the quantity discount on the unofficial taxes. At least Rolex watches and prostitutes are the right price there... But China is in the business of getting technology into China and they don't care how they do it. Sort of an official corruption really. Many companies have been bit bitten hard by them. We hired locals to "smooth it all out" and make sure we played their game right and it actually went well. But it's simply a free crime zone there...

Terry

David Rieben wrote:
Hey, hold on a minute. Isn't that a pic of the "Warthog Tesla Coil"
of the TCBFW in Haltom City, TX, at either Phil Rembold's
or Bert Pool's place?
http://www.rossoverstreet.org/tesla/TCBFW/visits/hog4.jpg

David Rieben

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike H" <mike8675309@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, August 08, 2008 7:47 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Olympic coil progress?

Looks like planned for the opening ceremonies..  Perhaps around the
time of lighting the torch.

Here is a news story about the project.
http://www.wiscnews.com/bnr/news/299875