RE: [TCML] Ion Motor

Probably not what you want to hear, but I've found that smaller coils do better with ion motors.  As power goes up, the S-shapes tend to breakout not just at the tips, but at the curves as well.  Could be that large-ish geometries would be needed to prevent breakout where you don't want it, and that would be counter to the goal of a light-weight rotor.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA