[TCML] crusher capacitor design

List,

I have managed to acquire 72 X EPCOS 500V- capacitors. I want to make a coin crusher using these capacitors. Would it be best to wire these in sets of three of 24 in series for 12000 volts? I first tried it with three sets of 24 in parallel for 1500 volts for a great bang, but no crush. Is the high voltage needed in order to make it crush?

Here is a link to my other 6000 joule coin crusher that I would like to parallel these new capacitors with for a total of 20,000 joules.

http://kenscoil.com/coincrusher.htm

Thanks!

Ken
http://kenscoil.com