Re: [TCML] Fun with Arcs

Jeff wrote:

Greg,
That's a nice photo!
But your lab...Its so organized, and neat.  How do you cope being able to walk around, and actually find things???  :)
Nice setup too. Envious of the blueprint cabinet, that's really sweet. Bridgeport, can't live without one...what model
lathe is that?  Opposite wall, is something that looks like a floor model arbor press...?
Cool!!

Hi Jeff,
Thanks, although the lab is only about half built out at this point.
We've had some good luck recently with the obtanium markets, and have found or restored most everything we need without any funding in place. We're just finishing the electronics module now. The lathe is a JET 10x24 tool-room lathe. The item that looks like a floor arbor press is a gearhead-type drill press that needs a motor shaft coupling to be operational.

____________
David wrote:

Hey !!, whats that Ol' radio settin' there ??   I gots a few Ol' radios

Hi David,

That used to be a 1930's vintage Delco radio. Now it has a dollar-bill reader, and collects currency at fund-raising events. A voice identifies the bill denomination, then thanks the donor. Sometimes it gets a bit cheeky. Eventually, I'd like it to control the coils. Hope that it develops a more pleasant attitude before then.

Scot D wrote:

Hey Greg...

what type of laser is that in the clean area picture ( what wattage and type) Im gonna guess 10 - 15W argon or krypton ;)

Hi Scot,

You know your lasers! That's a 10W argon, by Spectra Physics. It's virtually unused, been in storage most of it's life. I can get it to produce a beautiful blue glow, but there's no mirror mounted in the rear so no coherent light. We're trying to find someone interested in it so that we can buy some 4500V silicon for prototyping efforts. Let me know if you or someone else might be interested. GL