Re: [TCML] Ballast Question

In a message dated 8/19/08 4:47:24 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
bamacoiler@xxxxxxxxx writes:

>No  problems with the ballast behaving properly?

Should be fine, in fact the impedance of  the step-up transformer would add a
little ballasting effect.

    I think your question should be, what's more  economical or easier to
build: A ballast for the 480V side, or for the 240V  side? My guess would be to
ballast it on the 480V side for half the current,  since your wire will
probably be of the same insulation class either way.
    It'll also be nice to have an isolating transformer  between the pig and
your house as well.

-Phil LaBudde

Center for the Advanced Study of Ballistic  Improbabilities

deal here.