Re: [TCML] mmc cap protection by spark-gaps-any ideas? Retained charge

In a message dated 8/19/08 10:03:19 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>http://tesladownunder.com/CanCrushing.htm#Can%20crusher%203   go to the last

>photos in that section (12 photos down)

>There is a photo of a MOT cap dielectric being unwound and a string  of

>sparks forming as the dielectric separates, enough to give small  shocks.

>This was a long unused MOT cap

    Wow, that's neat!

    I've had some big pulse caps caps (100uF 4kV)  charge right back up on
their own an hour after a full discharge, enough to make  a loud bang.
Definitely made a believer out of me!

-Phil LaBudde

Center for the Advanced Study of Ballistic  Improbabilities

deal here.