Re: [TCML] Primary Tap connector

Bart,

Ahhhhhhhhhhh !

Excellent. As they sat a picture is worth a thousand words. A trick I will be able to use in the machine shop for other "challenges" also.

Thanx!

steve - seattle
Hi Steve,

These are snap-in supports using 3/8" thick Plexiglas. The first time I tried snap-in standoffs, I made a mess of things with a sloppy hole depth which really dented and messed up the tubing. Acrylic is hard and will not flex. The tubing is what actually dents as the tubing is pushed in. I ended up buying another roll of 1/4" tubing and tried with new standoffs. To add a slight flex to the snap and prevent tube denting, I cut slots into the standoffs like this:

http://www.classictesla.com/temp/Pristand.gif

I only went about half as deep as the image shows, but you get the idea.

Regards,
Bart