From: "Scott Bogard" <teslas-intern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 3:48 PM
Subject: [TCML] Pole pig ballast

Hey all,
     I finally purchased a Pole pig, and I am investigating my
ballasting options.  Currently I am running a 6-in secondary, and a sync
gap with an 80nf cap.  Knowing this I planned on only allowing about 15
amps of current, until I upgrade all of these other components (I chose
15, because it will be roughly double the wattage I am using now (twice
the voltage, same current,) and put my cap into the LTR size range for
my system, which I assume to be ideal efficiency wise until I get a
non-sync gap.)  I have a ton of MOTs (the old power supply) and was
wondering if I could use a series parallel arrangement to get down to 15
amps, and still handle the wattage.  I've also investigated welders but
nobody I know has one they would be willing to lend me (gee, I wonder
why?)  Anyhow, I know this subject has been discussed to death, but I
just wanted some fresh input (given the potential lethality I'm dealing
with here.)  Thanks.

Scott Bogard.