RE: [TCML] Kinraide Coil Reproduction - Near Completion. Near exhausted.

Hello,
This was even before Bakelite, but it looks, machines, and behaves very similar.  It is a trade name for hard rubber.
Many things that look like bakelite are really hard rubber.  I learned this by accident, finding patents and trade catalogues for things I thought were bakelite (and read differently).  Someone told me about the "rub and smell" trick, and sure enough the two smell completely different!

It is interesting stuff, extremely hard, and not too far off from Delrin/Acetal as far as machinability...> As far as I know Ebonite is the same thing as Phenolic (Bakelite).> I don't know this for sure. Right?>