Re: [TCML] Secondary to toriod ?

Hi DC,

No corona noticed in any pics. The bottom of the toroid is at the same level as the last turn on the secondary when lowered all the way down and about 2" above the last turn at it's highest adjustment. The picture shows the toroid all the way down. To adjust the height, I would insert a pvc sleeve to bare the toroid weight. Pretty simple to do. I like Gary Lau's method best (nut on sec cap) and used that method last year on a small coil I built for a buddy.

Take care,
Bart

DC Cox wrote:
Nice looking coil Bart.  Very robust construction.

How far above your last sec turn is the base of the toroid?    Any corona at
all off the last turn (night with a camera time shot)?

Dr. Resonance