To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2008 8:05 AM
Subject: [TCML] First time coil

Hello, I need help! I'm having troubles with my coil, I haven't gotten
anything from it yet. My NST is 15000v 30mA 60Hz, multiple spark gap of 7
copper tube pieces (adjustable), party cup cap from (
http://www.linux-host.org/energy/cupcap.htm) he says on the page it gets 5
nF which according to my math is a close match, 2 RF dampers, primary coil
10 turns 3/32" solid copper wire, although due to multiple reshapings the
winds are no longer neat and parallel, maybe thats the prob?, secondary coil
is 3.5" diameter, 18" long w a 3" diameter torroid, 10" total diameter. I
worked on rebuilding it all weekend, if only the spark and cap are hooked up
they operate fine, but as sson as I plug in the primary to it, nothing
works, no spark, no nothing. Arrrg! What am I doing wrong? I haven't even
seen a hint of corona. Also, what are you connecting the delicate secondary
wire to the ground with? My wire keeps breaking off. Any help would be
appreciated!!