Re: [TCML] Terry Filter Caps

In a message dated 8/26/08 2:58:39 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
drieben@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>My  big coil once used an 18 kV rated distriubution arrester
>acorss the  14.4 kV pole transformer for the "safety gap". Upon
>firing the coil on  a windy day a few years ago, some of the stream-
>ers were "blown back"  into the lower end of the secondary
>coil and the primary circuit. This  resulted in the arrester failing
>as a dead short. I eventually replaced  the defunct 18 kV
>arrester with a 36 kV rated arrester. This one is  nearly 30" long
>but I have had not more problems like this  since.

    Thank you for the info, David!

    I had already made note of your arrestor situations  from your archived
posts before I decided what I wanted.
    I haven't had any wind-related problems yet, but  I'll be on the lookout!

-Phil LaBudde

Center for the Advanced Study of Ballistic  Improbabilities

deal here.