Re: [TCML] Newby in need of helping hand :)

Kor Smeenge wrote:
Dear all,

I'd like to post a call for some help/info.

(sorry do not know if this is the right way/place...please let me know if I
am posting in
the wrong place, so I can retry)

I was ordering a DRSSTC of a company based in the US with a series of
modifications.
I was helped great in establishing a rough outline for what I would need,
got quotes
and was promised they would be able to create my coil.

The coil is to be used in an artwork that was commissioned by a museum.
A lot of money and good name is at stake here and.... now they backed out on
me.
This is at this time a financial disaster in the making... since the company
is ...
I dont know.. it seems disappeared.

What I am asking for:

I am looking for somebody willing to construct a DRSSTC to my
specifications.
I am capable of paing well !!! The product will have to be absolutely
durable in return.

Pay just how well?

There are some pretty significant issues that a would-be coil supplier needs to take into account, and some have significant costs associated with them:

1) It's one thing to build an experimental coil and accept the risk of failures. It's much more expensive to rigorously design the coil with sufficient design margin to be "absolutely durable".

2) If it's being sold, particularly for public display, then the builder has a whole list of potential regulatory requirements to meet (CE, EMI/EMC testing, safety, etc.). A would-be DRSSTC builder might not have the knowledge and/or resources to deal with all this. It's well out of the usual skill set for a tesla coiler

3) The builder has to have sufficient insurance coverage to cover someone coming back 10 years later and suing you claiming that their brain tumor was caused by their standing next to the coil for 30 seconds. Sure the claim is baseless, but you have to defend it all the same, and that costs money. Someone who has no assets to sue for, no future income prospects, or who has a suitable corporate form to absorb the liability might be able to take this on.